Wednesday 30 November 2016

Seasonal veg postcards




 Finally finished these. Just in time to take with me to Roots and Fruits, to show them my work and what the aesthetic of the cookbook will be like. The response was really great, they loved the work and seemed really excited by the whole idea. (More on that later)

The vegetables have taken a while to get right, but now that I have them I almost have a catalogue of endless possibilities. There's so much I can do with these. They will be used throughout the cookbook and then proposed for other things too.

I'm going to print these seasonal veg postcards to sell at a market this Saturday, and also to give out to the folk that are going to help with my primary research as a means of thanks, such as Roots and Fruits. 
Using mono print textures in photoshop has opened a whole new world for me. I think I will be using this process frequently in the future. 

Development- 



Hand-drawn type to maintain the hand made feel, and to add texture
to the type. 



Mono prints used for the vegetables. Will be making more mono prints tomorrow to add to the collection. 






No comments:

Post a Comment