Wednesday 13 April 2016

Testing/Development


I printed out one of the beach scened to see how well it would work. This is just a super rough practice, and I think it could work really well if I spent more time on it, and used a wacom instead of a fine liner, but I think I'm swaying towards my other idea because-

- Using a wacom isn't my best skill, and I don't have enough time to get things wrong
- Making something out of sustainable materials seems more fitting to me
- I love making, far more than I do digital work - play to my strengths.




I made this as a mock up, but ended up taking a long time on it because I enjoyed making it so much, which is another good indicator that this idea is far more suited to me and my practice. 
I realised that it didn't take as long as I had previously thought, which meant I could make enough ready for the book. 

Need to-

- Take into account that its not just a case of making them, but also photographing them, adding elements to each and arranging them into a book.
- Therefore, manage my time wisely.
- Start making the animals immediately, but first do some research into which ones I really want to include. 

No comments:

Post a Comment