Thursday 7 April 2016

Small sketchbook





















I decided quite late on to start carrying a small sketchbook with me just to see if this would help me push some ideas forward. It completely worked, and I found myself drawing loads on the train or on the bus or in cafe's. I like having the option of working big or small, because it really depends on how I feel that day.
Idea generation was starting to happen when I got drawing on these. I tried potato printing, I made images out of leaves.



I started reading a magazine about endangered animals and made work about this, which has sparked a great interest in me and may see my work taking this direction.








This was a large turning point for me. This drawing made my heart ache, and made me want to create work that raises awareness for these poor animals that we are slowly killing due to global warming. 

Take forward-

- Next time, keep a small sketchbook on me at all times. 
- Rough any idea, big or small as soon as it comes to me.
- Develop the idea of endangered species and perhaps take this forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment