Friday 6 January 2017

What I want to say. IMPORTANT.

Using my illustrations across a breadth of disciplines has been challenging for a variety of reasons, but also something that has pushed my practice forward no end. I never thought I would be able to create editorial images, or infographics. Ive pushed myself out of my comfort zone and in doing so, found things that I absolutely love. 
The essence to this practical work was that I didn't have one final outcome that summed up the whole module, but that I showed my ability to use my illustrations to communicate my essay in more ways than one. I know I'm not a book designer, and that certain elements of my practical aren't incredible, but my main objective was to educate as wide an audience as possible. By using illustration as a tool to promote a certain cause or way of life, with that being something I stand for, thus placing my values at the core of what I do.
Ive learnt so much about my practice through the method of image making and the process rather than focusing on the final product, and this is what I value most and will take away from this module. 

No comments:

Post a Comment