Thursday 5 January 2017

Mono printing with cabbages



Thought I'd try something new to add to the collection of textures. Had a cabbage in the fridge that I had wanted to print with for ages, and finally manage to do it during the christmas break.
The exploration of texture is the focus of this module for me, so exploring it as much as possible is essential to my evolving practice.







Creating the prints meant spending time in the print room, which I love and wanted to get better at this year so Im glad I've managed to factor this into my practical response. Creating brushes out of these images on Photoshop has been a really effective use of my time, as the process is much faster once the brushes are set up. Left me with plenty of time to experiment with drawings, layouts, type etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment