Saturday 7 January 2017

The cookbook





Overall Im quite happy with the cookbook, because its something thats really been through a process. From generating textures and sourcing recipes to actually putting together, the whole thing has been a learning curve for me. 
There are so many things I would change now that its finished, but I think thats my mind over thinking. Im not a book designer, however Ive shown that I can place my illustrations into this context, which is the positive thing I will take away from this. The belly band is my favourite, and I've chosen two to put forward for submission, one on the book and one on the sleeve, to show the difference in materials used. 
The layout of the book was the most challenging part for me, and probably could have done with a graphic designers help, but the time available was short due to the print slot I had booked, which meant 27 hours sat by a computer over the course of 3 days. That made me realise that I still and probably always will prefer analogue methods of image making. Its been good to build my skills in Photoshop though. 
Overall I'm pleased with this because its seen my practice progress, and its something that I really wanted to make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment