Monday 5 December 2016

Possible page layouts


This is one design idea. Having a recipe on one side and then the inspired textures on the other. I'm not sure whether is should be a little more muted though, maybe I should bring the opacity down a little, so that it doesn't take away from the recipe too much. Some pages will have recipes on each side, with the occasional double page spread for some more imagery. 
This is designed at A6. I was worried that this would be considered too small for a substantial submission, but I've considered my reasons. 

Why so small?

- Within my essay I argue that large corporations are taking over, and that we need to start building culture from the bottom up again. I want my book to reflect this. It will aim to help people rather than for myself to profit. 

- Texture is very important throughout this process, and I feel it is captured better when smaller.

- I want the book to be pocket sized, so that you can take it anywhere. As accessible to as many people as possible.




Layout option two. Think it could be quite interesting to vary the layout throughout, so something like this could also be an option. 


No comments:

Post a Comment