Tuesday 13 October 2015

Research and Epistemology - COP LECTURE 1

I actually found this lecture really helpful, when I really thought I wouldn't benefit from it at all.
Sometimes its really good to slowly review the steps of research that need to be undertaken. 

Things Ive taken from this lecture:

Research through doing, be experimental with my learning. 
Context is everything, research and is contents is more important than the outcome.
Exploration, experimentation and problem solving are all really important.

Fail, Fail again, Fail better. 

Ideas

1. Stimulated approach - looking at things that are external to you.
2. Systematic approach - take what I've found, change and modify it.
3. Intuitive approach.


Good research, taken from a variety of sources - don't just use wikipedia! Get information from books, by talking to people and then from the info gathered, analyse and ask questions- just keep learning more and more! 

Qualitative research - explores and understands peoples beliefs etc

"Research is creating new knowledge"

Knowing that... (theoretical)
Knowing how...(practical)
Knowing where...(contextual)

I must always be clear on the purpose of my research.
Think about what no one else has thought about. 
What is there to study? How can I find out more about it?

After this lecture I felt inspired to learn, and to want to know more about something. Now I just need to figure out what I want to know more about.


No comments:

Post a Comment